I love conversations around Mental Health. Hearing about people's struggles, growth, triumphs, and passion for creating support has changed my life for the better. As someone who has struggled with various mental health issues, I know how healing it is to be heard, loved, and educated with empowerment. And although some people struggle more than others, everyone knows the darkness of depression and defeat, even in small doses it leaves a mark.
I am proud to be a part of this amazing event at SAIT that is growing in size and influence each year. The Make Some Noise campaign was created by SAIT Trojrans to promote mental health awareness on campuses and is endorsed by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) in Alberta.
On Monday January 23 join us for a 100 person spin class lead by Motivator Andrew Obrecht.
This event is free to participate in. Register here to save your bike!!!!
- Make Some Noise for Mental Health 100 Bike DJ SPIN Event
- Monday January 23, 2017
- noon - 1 pm
- Irene Lewis Atrium, Heritage Hall Building, SAIT Main Campus
The goals of the Make Some Noise Campaign are to:
- reduce/eliminate the stigmas related to mental health, wellness and mental illness.
- create awareness about local mental health resources on campus and the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA).
- encourage empathy and understanding by developing an open-minded perspective through conversations about mental health.
Watch Make Some Noise for Mental Health Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgjK7iQiuao
Visit SAIT Trojans Make Some Noise for Mental Health webpage: http://saittrojans.com/sports/2015/1/21/Make%20Some%20Noise%20Campaign.aspx
Like the Make Some Noise for Mental Health Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MakeSomeNoiseforMentalHealth?ref=hl
I will be on a bike sweating to Make Some Noise for Mental Health. I would love to see you there! Who's coming??
**Check out betterhelp.com for more info and resources on mental health